Substitute Lead Teacher
CAPIC's Head Start Program is seeking a substitute teacher for an afternoon Head Start classroom for an approximate 12 week period. Develop and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of Head Start children and to prepare children for kindergarten. Utilize “Teaching Strategies Gold” to provide instruction that is aligned with state (EEC) and (ACF-HHS) federal regulations. Work with low-income children and families from culturally diverse backgrounds. Provide supervision to Assistant Teacher; maintain federal Head Start and state EEC records; provide home visits; and support families to become actively engaged in the program.
- BA or AA degree in Early Childhood Education or BA/AA in related field with EEC Lead Teacher certificate and 9-18 months experience.
- Director II EEC Qualifications
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license, or access to a vehicle in order to make home visits
Closing Date: 9/19/2014
ASSISTANT TEACHER - CHELSEA P/T (8:00AM-2:00PM)
Assist Lead Teacher to provide high quality daily educational activities in a supportive and nurturing Head Start classroom to children 3-5 years of age. Hours; 8:00 AM-2:00PM. Follow EEC and, NAEYC and Office of Head Start regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (able to communicate fluently in both languages)
- Previous pre-school experience with EEC teacher certification, ability to relate well to children and parents.