Fuel Assistance Generalist
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking to hire a full time Fuel Assistance Generalist at 40 hour per week, seasonal worker.
- Perform client intake services which include outreach, application processing, and filing.
- Conduct follow up interviews with clients in person and/or on the telephone.
- Review applications for completeness, accuracy and consistency. Requests additional information to reconcile differences. Establishes an applicant’s income eligibility or ineligibility consistent with the government’s administrative guidance applicable state and agency policies.
- Counsel clients on utility rights and responsibilities.
- Respect confidentiality of client and program information.
- Educate clients by providing information about other available services as well as making referrals.
- Answer telephones responding to inquiries from clients, vendors and the general public.
- Skilled in use of computer for data entry.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of fuel assistance procedures and tasks.
- Strong customer service and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of low-income people.
- Works effectively as part of a team.
- Clerical or general office experience.
- High School Diploma and two-four years of work experience necessary, preferable experience in human service work.
Bilingual required (Spanish)
Closing Date: September 23, 2015
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse to provide health care services to 246 CAPIC Head Start children (3-5 years of age) in CAPIC Head Start centers located in Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop.
Schedule: . June and July: 15 hours per week - August to May: 25 hours per week.
- Work in diverse community with children, family and staff to ensure that all appropriate medical screenings are up to date including dental screenings and needed medical and dental treatment. Provide follow-up and out-reach to medical and dental offices.
- Train staff in OSHA protocol, medication administration protocol.
- Work collaboratively with CAPIC Head Start management team to support teachers and parents with concerns and questions.
- Screen all children for;
- Height and weight
- Blood Pressure
- Develop health care plans for children with asthma or other medical issues requiring ongoing treatment or medication administration. Monitor medications children use in classroom (asthma, Epi-Pen etc.).
- Follow-up with medication plans
- Track medical and dental examinations to meet state licensing requirements and Head Start mandates.
- Maintain accurate records for federal and state reporting purposes.
- Work with staff, medical /dental providers, community partners to provide a comprehensive compendium of health services to meet the needs of children enrolled in CAPIC Head Start.
- Work in classrooms to promote healthy attitudes amongst children towards medical and dental visits.
- Identify gaps in services and work with community leaders and management team to close existing gaps.
Qualifications:: Registered Nurse, 2 years’ experience in school setting or pediatric practice preferred.
Bilingual preferred (Spanish)