LEAD TEACHER - Full Time - Revere
Develop and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of Head Start children and to prepare children for kindergarten. Utilize “Teaching Strategies Gold” to provide instruction that is aligned with state (EEC) and (ACF-HHS) federal regulations. Work with low-income children and families from culturally diverse backgrounds. Provide supervision to Assistant Teacher; maintain federal Head Start and state EEC records; provide home visits; and support families to become actively engaged in the program.
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday-Friday; 9:30-4:30 or 10:00-5:00. Classroom hours 12:30-4:30, classroom planning and preparation in the morning.
- BA or AA degree in Early Childhood Education or BA/AA in related field with EEC Lead Teacher certificate and 9-18 months experience.
- Director II EEC Qualifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Driver’s license, or access to a vehicle in order to make home visits
Closing Date: August 26, 2015
CAPIC Child Development Center is seeking Preschool Teachers to join our team to provide supervision & daily activities to children, develop & implement age appropriate curriculum, plan activities, maintain a NAEYC Classroom Portfolio, develop children's assessments & progress reports, communicate with parents, assist with the set- up of breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack, and fulfill responsibilities of maintaining a clean and healthy environment. Must love children, enjoy outdoor & sensory activities, have a sense of humor, and ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Three credits in Child Growth and Development.
- Nine months of work experience in care giving to Preschool aged children
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- EEC Preschool Teacher Certified.
- Have, or currently be enrolled in a program for, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Educaton.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Certified teachers with 1-2 years’ experience preferred.