CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Registered Nurse, Part- Time
Registered Nurse to provide services to 228 Head Start children (3-5 years of age) and staff.
Flexible schedule possible (25 hours during school year, 15 hours per year during the summer.)
- Work in diverse community with children, family and staff to ensure that all appropriate medical & dental screenings are up to date. Provide follow-up and out-reach to medical and dental offices.
- Train staff in OSHA protocol & medication administration protocol.
- Work collaboratively with Head Start management team to support teachers and parents with concerns and questions.
- Screen all children enrolled in four center-based classrooms located in Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop Screenings include the following:
- Height and Weight
- Blood Pressure
- Monitor medications children use in classroom (Asthma, Epi Pen).
- Follow-up with medication plans
- Track medical and dental examinations.
- Maintain accurate records for federal and state reporting purpose.
- Work with staff, medical /dental providers, community partners to provide a comprehensive compendium of health services to meet needs of children enrolled in CAPIC Head Start
- 10. Identify gaps in services and work with community leaders and management team to close existing gaps.