CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Pre-School Lead Teacher/ Full Time (Chelsea)
- Develop and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of Head Start children (3-5 years) and prepare them for kindergarten.
- The curriculum will foster social, emotional, and intellectual development to support each child’s unique learning style
- Utilize Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold to provide instruction/assessment that is aligned with state (EEC) and (ACF-OHS) federal regulations.
- Work with mentor to implement literacy (Owl) and math curriculum (building Blocks)
- Assess children to determine individual needs to plan effective curriculum
- Develop strong professional relationships with families that encourage their full engagement with the program and their child by creating an open and welcoming environment, meeting with families regularly and making planned home visits
- Work with low-income children and families from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Provide supervision to Assistant Teacher
- Maintain federal Head Start Performance Standards; NAEYC Standards and state EEC requirements to include licensing requirements and QRIS standards
- Ensure that classroom space is safe and supports a positive and accepting learning environment
- BA or AA* degree in Early Childhood Education or BA/AA in related field with EEC Lead Teacher certificate with a minimum of 18 months experience .
- Director I or II EEC Certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Driver’s license, or access to a vehicle in order to make home visits
Blingual in Spanish.