Assistant Teacher - Part Time (30 Hours) Chelsea or Revere AM or PM Positions
Assistant Teacher - Assist Lead Teacher to provide developmentally appropriate curriculum in a supportive and nurturing Head Start classroom to children 3 - 5 years of age. Assist with lesson plans, anecdotal records, individual child assessments and work to meet Head Start and EEDC requirements
Hours: 30 hours per week, 9 months.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (able to communicate fluently in both languages)
- Previous pre-shool experience with EEC teacher certification
- Ability to relate well to children and parents.
- Early Childhood classes leading to a degree
Benefits include: Dental, 403b, vacation, sick leave and a personal day.
Closing Date: August 03, 2015
CAPIC Child Development Center is seeking Preschool Teachers to join our team to provide supervision & daily activities to children, develop & implement age appropriate curriculum, plan activities, maintain a NAEYC Classroom Portfolio, develop children's assessments & progress reports, communicate with parents, assist with the set- up of breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack, and fulfill responsibilities of maintaining a clean and healthy environment. Must love children, enjoy outdoor & sensory activities, have a sense of humor, and ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Three credits in Child Growth and Development.
- Nine months of work experience in care giving to Preschool aged children
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- EEC Preschool Teacher Certified.
- Have, or currently be enrolled in a program for, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Educaton.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Certified teachers with 1-2 years’ experience preferred.