CAPIC is currently seeking personnel for the following positions:
Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC) is seeking an individual who will perform comprehensive residential heating system assessments and quality assurance inspections for income eligible homes. Responsibilities include: heat loss calculations, heating system evaluations, energy improvement recommendations, energy efficient lighting installation and client education.
APPLIANCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (AMP) & HEATING SYSTEM AUDITOR
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Conduct accurate and organized residential heating system and heat loss audits
- Conduct accurate and organized residential Appliance Management Program audits
- Implement program practices / procedures, coordinate activities between contractors, clients, and all other parties involved throughout the administrative and technical processes
- Provide timely and accurate data as requested by Program Director/Executive Director
- Attend and participate in departmental, organization-wide and other meetings
- Act in the best interest of the organization, reflecting values of team work, collaboration and mutual respect
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors and management
- Provide client education
- Mediate contractor and client interactions
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a suitable CORI and SORI completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment
- Preferred experience in heating / building / construction / electrical trade
- Preferred experience in MA State HEARTWAP program
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of low-income populations
- Knowledge of energy conservation principles
- Skilled in use of computer for data entry
- Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish) but not required
- Valid vehicle and MA Driver’s license
Must be able to tolerate working in cold and hot temperatures ranging from 0° to 120°. Ability to tolerate working in attics and basements.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., Push and pull items up to 50 lbs. This position requires individuals to kneel and climb on ladders on a routine but occasional basis throughout the day. This position requires walking, standing, and sitting on frequent basis throughout the work day. This position requires the use of both fine and gross motor skills to complete the assigned tasks.
Salary Range: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have installed clear plastic barriers, provided masks, gloves, gowns, and hand sanitizer. We are also not open to the public and work in scattered shifts to limit the number of staff in the office.